Monday, November 7, 2011

Metallic Pumpkins: Chevron + Gold

Im super in love with shades of gold and chevron patterns right now, and have been working them into my home over this past year. It came to no surprise to me when I started pinning metallic pumpkins on Pinterest when the fall season was approaching, so I guess you could say this was a Pinterest challenge of my own, but technically it was out of holiday laziness and decor friendliness!

My family actually went pumpkin picking a little late in the season this year... only a couple of weekends ago. But, my thoughts were clear... pick late and let them be used as double duty for Halloween and as close as I can get them to Thanksgiving. So far, so good! I picked out pumpkins,  birdhouse gourds, mini pumpkins, gourds, and cinderalla pumpkins (the white/ivory ones). I went for different sizes and types!

I went to my local hardware store and picked up some Rustoleum Metallic Spray Paint in Gold, Silver, Copper, and of course in Black (in Halloween spirit), and then some Frog Tape painters tape (which would be used to tape out the chevron pattern). Outdoor firepit blazing, glass of wine in hand, and of course a big piece of cardboard, I went to town and enjoyed a Saturday evening to myself with a few cans of spray paint (and of course some girlfriends as well!). I have to admit, the chevron pattern around the pumpkin was a little bit of a pain, but I am super excited for the turnout! I have recieved a lot of compliments from our neighborhood trick or treaters, and of course from fellow Facebook friends who seem to be taking this trend and using it for next year! In the mean time, enjoy  my photos and let me know what you think (or share any pointers!).


nicole brennan  .  302.545.0412  .  nicole@lovelygirlsevents.com  .  wilmington

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...