Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Obsessing over Dusty Miller

Between my new found love for pinterest and the current falling temperatures, I took a look back at my floral board after an evening of "pinning" and found that my last seven pins all had one thing in common... dusty miller. Talk about trending (without even knowing!). I find myself fascinated with the mixtures of monochromatic blush pinks, creams, and the grays of the dusty miller with the silver brunia; then I find I am drawn to more saturated combinations of jewel tones against the silvery tones of the dusty miller (perfect for the holidays!). I love when the dusty miller is accented with black privet berries or the silver brunia berry, as we always feel it lends a more modern feel to the arrangement. We love all of the bouquets below and we can't wait to share the bouquets from our wedding labor day weekend! Can we say dusty miller and black privet berries (courtesy  of Beautiful Blooms!)? We wish we could fit in all of the beautiful flowers that have inspired us, but we were afraid this might mean inspiration overload to our viewers :) I hope that one of these bouquets at least inspires you for the seasons ahead.
    
      





nicole brennan  .  302.545.0412  .  nicole@lovelygirlsevents.com  .  wilmington

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...