Monday, February 7, 2011

DIY: Fluffy Lantern

So as I have been a little under the weather, I have taken to scouring lots of home decor and DIY blogs for my upcoming renovation. When I came across this lighting fixture made out of over 1200 Coffee Filters on the Parlour blog, I fell in love with the size and the texture. She orginally was inspired by the same lamp on the cover of Downtown Chic: Designing Your Dream Home: From Wreck to Ravishing. <--- sounds kind of like my home! Now, I just have to find the right place to put this... the office maybe? Here is a step-by-step tuorial just for you!

Supplies:

Paper Lantern Lamp
Glue Gun
over 1200 Coffee Filters



Above is the paper lantern before she started gluing.  Below are all of the "supplies."  1000 coffee filters (wow) and a trusty glue gun.


Progress (very slow going.) It feels like I'm coffee filtering the moon.  Seriously.
  

I thought a picture is worth a thousand words.  Not much for crumpling, just close placement.


1200 (literally) coffee filters later, and this is what it covered. STILL not done.


We think it just looks stunning in all of the pictures that she took of her home after she hung her lamp. Job well done Parlour! We hear its around 36" in diameter. Wowsas!

nicole brennan  .  302.545.0412  . nicole@lovelgirlsevents.com  .  wilmington

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...