Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Gray + White: Winter Glam Dinner

I have always bee a fan of modern. Modern meets old, modern meets bright, and modern meets rustic. Once, when I was younger, I thought I would really enjoy a log cabin in the middle of a large city, or a brownstone in the middle of the woods. I could never quite find the right explanation. However, in my search for the perfect winter inspiration, I found this great Winter Glam Table on Hostess with the Mostess. Chainlink fabric table runner, silver spray painted succulents, sparkly beaded napkin rings, white grapewood branches (also spray painted), and fluffy white floral arrangements embellished with dusty miller foliage for a festive, wintery vibe.

This "Rustic-meets-Modern" style from Carissa of JL Designs is fantastic (even if it is for a holiday party!). This could so double for a small winter wedding, bridal luncheon, or even a chic bridal or baby shower! Did we mention that this is very D-I-Y friendly?


“I found the gray & white chain link patterned fabric in the garment district in downtown LA. The silver “flowers” are actually succulents that I spray painted silver! Great diy idea for new years! I did something similar in gold for this Martha Stewart photo shoot – it’s super cheap & easy and adds that instant touch of glam to a party! I also spray painted grapewood branches white and accented them w/ the silver succulents." - Carrissa from JL Designs

The rest of the florals consisted of: {white} hydrangea, ranunculas, reflexed roses, and tulips – accented with gray dusty miller foliage and kochia.

 

Styling & Design – JL Designs
Party Rentals – Signature Party Rentals (Orange County)
Photography – Aaron Shintaku

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...